Homemade Yoga Mat Spray
Posted on 12 July 2021
Keep your yoga mat smelling fresh and clean with this easy homemade recipe. Swap out those harsh chemicals for some natural alternatives. You can customize your spray scents to suit your preference. Tea Tree , Lavender, and Peppermint oils are a great trio to use for home cleaning products. Tea tree oil is a natural antibacterial, that fights against mold, athletes foot and ringworm. Lavender oil and Peppermint oil are good for respiration, and stress reduction.
• 1/8 cup Castile Lavender Liquid Soap
• 4 drops Peppermint essential oil
• 4 drops Tea Tree essential oil
• Filtered water
- Dilute 1/8 cup of Castile lavender liquid soap in warm water, stir to mix.
- Fill your spray bottle half way with clean filtered water.
- Pour your soapy mixture into your spray bottle.
- Add in essential oils.
*Avoid making your spray overly soapy, this should be a more water based spray like you're giving your mat a little spritz.
HOW TO USE
- Set your spray bottle to a misting setting.
- Shake and spray directly onto mat.
- Wipe clean using a towel and leave rolled out to dry in a shaded space.
- Use after each yoga mat use or as desired.
*Cation: If you are using a Circ Yoga Mat, avoid spilling large amounts of solution onto your mat, as this can leave the area wet for a longer period of time, and can result in a watermark stain.